For those who have a passion for bird watching or are wildlife enthusiasts, you would certainly enjoy our Eco Tour. Explore the wonderful Johnstone River right on board the Coral Explorer. Our Boat has the capacity for 18 passengers but to make this tour more personal we have reduced the numbers to only 6 passengers. This tour operates for 2.5 hours, giving you time to appreciate the wonderful world heritage listed rain forest and the amazing wildlife. What is even better is that the tour boat is small enough to sneak into small places where our bigger boats can’t, allowing you to experience the wildlife from up close. You pick the day and depending on the tide, we will choose the best possible time for you to cruise the Johnstone River. Book your Eco Tour today!
WHY CHOOSE THE ECO-TOUR
- 98% chance of spotting Crocodiles in the wild from 1st of May – 1st of September.
- We choose the best tide of the day, giving you the best opportunity to spot crocodiles and other wildlife
- This cruise operates longer than our other cruises, which means more time to spot crocodiles and other wildlife
- The tour boat for our Eco-Tours is small, allowing us to get as close as we can to the local wildlife
- Great for bird watchers looking to spot a wide variety of bird species
- Small groups – only a maximum of 6 passengers
- An opportunity to walk along a private beach and hopefully spot cassowaries and other bird species (must be requested)