Welcome to a world of tailored aquatic experiences with our private/group bookings at Snapping Tours. Our unique approach allows you to take control of your journey on the serene Johnstone River in Innisfail. Whether you’re looking for a festive afternoon party cruise, an exciting fishing expedition, professional commercial work, an educational tour group excursion, or an immersive bird and wildlife tour, we’ve got you covered.
Your Boat, Your Experience
At Snapping Tours, we believe in providing an intimate and personalized experience. That’s why our tours are exclusively available for private or group bookings. When you choose us, you’re not just booking a tour; you’re securing a private vessel for a thrilling 2.5-hour adventure. Our set fee ensures you have complete freedom to design the cruise of your dreams, without any interruptions or compromises.
Tailor-Made Cruises Just for You
- Afternoon Party Tour: Celebrate in style as you glide along the river, with breathtaking views as your backdrop.
- Fishing Trip: Cast a line into the rich waters of the Johnstone River and make some unforgettable catches.
- Commercial Work: Our vessel provides a reliable and professional setting for all your commercial needs on the water.
- Tour Groups: Perfect for educational trips or group explorations, our tours offer insights and fun in equal measure.
- Bird/Wildlife Tours: Nature enthusiasts rejoice! Our tours provide a unique opportunity to witness the local wildlife in its natural habitat.
Join us at Snapping Tours for an unparalleled experience on the Johnstone River. Your adventure awaits!
Your Boat, Your Experience
World Heritage Rainforest
Small Personalised Group Tours
Top Rated Attraction in the region
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Set Hire Fee: $1,200
Tour Dates and Times
Every Friday and Saturday at 2 pm
- Your Boat, Your Experience
- Small personalised tours
- Spot wild saltwater crocodiles in their natural habitat
- World Heritage-listed rainforest over 150 million years old
- Innisfail history and buildings from the water
- Complimentary drink on arrival (beer, wine, soft drinks or water)
- Right in the heart of the Cassowary Coast
Spotting Saltwater Crocodiles
Please be aware that spotting crocodiles in the wild is not always guaranteed. We are on the river most days, and we know where to look, but these are wild animals and we cannot guarantee sightings. We estimate a 98% success rate on cruises between May and October.
Between October and May, FNQ begins to reach scorching temperatures. Therefore, the Johnstone River becomes a lot warmer and crocodiles will spend most of their time either in the warm water or on the banks, sunning themselves.
This reduces our chances of spotting crocodiles between October and May, but we’ll do our best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – Is the boat covered?
A – Yes, both our tour boats have canopies.
Q – Can I bring my infant or toddler on board?
A – Yes, our tours are safe for children of all ages.
Q – I have limited mobility, is it easy to board the vessel?
A – There are a few stairs with handrails, and our staff are there to assist.
Q – How many people are on the tour?
A – We have two vessels depending on the size of the bookings.
Q – Do I need insect repellent?
A – We have some on board, but you are welcome to bring your own.
Snap up your tickets!
Bookings are essential and 100% online.